Recently I’ve been collecting online resources that look deeper into the science behind search engines. Here are some of the papers I’ve read that I felt like really provided me with a much deeper insight into SEO. When you start out learning about search engine’s optimization you get caught up in many of the tips and tricks that are found all over the internet but after a while you start to learn which resources to trust and then you start reading between the lines. The next logical step is to start researching the history of search engines and the science behind their inner workings.
Theses are ordered in the way I would recommend to read them.
- Search Engine History
- The PageRank Citation Ranking Bringing Order to the Web
- Hilltop: A Search Engine based on Expert Documents
- The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine
- Combating Web Spam with TrustRank
- The seven ages of information retrieval
- Information retrieval data structures and algorithms
- Information retrieval on the world wide web
Hope you enjoy this resource list!